- Past/Present Employment
- Assistant Professor, University of Calgary (2020 – Present)
- Senior Data Scientist, Bank of Canada (2018 – 2020)
- Data Scientist, Apption Inc, Canada (2016 – 2018)
- Researcher & Software Developer, IBM Canada (2011 – 2015)
- Software Developer, Recognia Inc. (acquired by Trading Central), Canada (2008 – 2010)
- Lecturer, International Islamic University, Bangladesh (2005)
- PhD 2018, McGill University
- MSC 2008, Queen’s University
- BSc 2004, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
I work at the intersection of Software Engineering and Machine Learning, to understand how the domains can benefit from each other. See my Research page for details.
My work often combines Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Software Engineering (SE) techniques and applies those on the vast amount of code and textual software data. My research is influenced by my 10+ years of full-time professional experience at the industry, both as a data scientist and as a software developer.
I am the founding director of the Data Intensive Software Analytics (DISA) Lab. My amazing students make me proud every day by doing high-impact and high-quality research.
I am always looking for motivated and hard working students to do research on software security, software analytics, machine learning, and natural language processing. See DISA lab page for more details.