- Past/Present Employment
- Assistant Professor, University of Calgary (2020 – Present)
- Senior Data Scientist, Bank of Canada (2018 – 2020)
- Data Scientist, Apption Inc, Canada (2016 – 2018)
- Researcher & Software Developer, IBM Canada (2011 – 2015)
- Software Developer, Recognia Inc. (acquired by Trading Central), Canada (2008 – 2010)
- Lecturer, International Islamic University, Bangladesh (2005)
- PhD 2018, McGill University
- MSC 2008, Queen’s University
- BSc 2004, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
I do research on data intensive software systems, to produce “Trustworthy and Secure Software Systems and Analytics” in the age of large-scale cyber software and crowd-shared knowledge. I am the founding director of the Data Intensive Software Analytics (DISA) Lab.
My research analyzes vast amount of software repository and online data to produce reliable insights and analytics that can be used to facilitate the improvement and adoption (social/technical) of techniques for dependability (e.g., cyber and software security analysis) and documentation support of software systems.
My work often combines Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Software Engineering (SE) techniques and applies those on the vast amount of code and textual software data. My research is influenced by my 10+ years of full-time professional experience at the industry, both as a data scientist and as a software developer. See my Research page for more detail.
I am always looking for motivated and hard working students to do research on software security, software analytics, machine learning, and natural language processing. See DISA lab page for more details.